To make a table reservation please call +44(0)1723 360922
“The Golden Grid, a Scarborough institution!”
“Delicious food, wonderful views and friendly service!”
Overlooking Scarborough Harbour, The Golden Grid was established over a century ago and has been owned by the Senior Family since 1954.
For Fashionistas and Film Addicts…!
In 2015 the Golden Grid was chosen as a location for the Ted Baker Summer Fashion Shoot, “Island Life” For the TV addicts amongst you the restaurant may be familiar as it has been used as a set on many popular TV series, the most recent two being “Jack Frost” and “Where the Heart Is”. The restaurant was also recently featured in the popular BBC series “Holiday Swaps”
In 2014 the Film, Adventurer Curse of the Midas Box based on a GP Taylor best seller hit the screens, starring Michael Sheen, Sam Neill and Lena Headey. The original story was inspired by the Grand Hotel, The Golden Grid and a retired army officer called Captain Jack Charity owner of the Golden Kipper Fish Restaurant… Strange but true!
Awards & Reviews
2016 The Golden Grid was voted in the top 10 of UK fish restaurants by readers of the Daily Express and Daily Mirror, it has been a regular category winner at the Yorkshire Coast Tourism Oscars, is highly acclaimed by the Rough Guide, and a finalist for Period Living and Traditional Homes magazine Restaurant of the Year!
- “A real treat!” – Daily Star, 30th March 2014
- “A wonderful Scarborough tradition!” – Sunday Telegraph, 23rd Feb 2014
- Highly recommended by The Sunday Times Camper Van Man – July 2008
- “The best fish and chips in the world” – The Guardian Newspaper, June 2006
- “Tastiest trip you’ll ever take” – Sunday Times Travel Magazine, March 2007
- Winner of the coveted Les Routiers award ‘Cafe of the Year 2003’ -Northern Region.
- “A visit to Scarborough is never complete without a trip to the Grid” – Anne Louise Roswald – International fashion designer
- “Fish and chips never tasted so good!” – Steve Norris, London 2000 Mayoral Candidate.
Want to Know More about What’s On in the Area?
If you would like to learn more about the attractions of our Beautiful Yorkshire Coast then take a look at the Discover Yorkshire Coast website, there’s loads of great ideas and diary dates to keep you busy all year round!
Click here to visit their website: www.discoveryorkshirecoast.com